Greater New England Alliance of Black School Educators
Purpose of the Award
The Greater New England Alliance of Black School Educators is seeking to further the
higher education opportunities among qualified juniors and senior students of color who
are residents of Connecticut and have been accepted into the School of Education. It is our desire that through this financial assistance, some area young person, who might not otherwise have been afforded the opportunity, might gain advanced educational
training. Further, it is our hope that with this education, the individual will be able and
obliged to contribute to the betterment of the area, the country and indeed the world.
Eligibility Requirements for the Award
1. Applicant must be a junior or senior (by the fall semester of the award year) college
who can verify his/her acceptance into the School of Education.
2. Applicant must be a student of color and a resident of Connecticut.
3. Applicant must have a Grade Point Average of at least a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
4. Applicant must be engaged in on-campus organization (s) or be actively involved
5. Applicant must demonstrate an economic need.
6. Applicant must submit his/her transcripts. (unofficial is acceptable)
7. Applicant must attach a completed essay.
8. Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation from an academic
advisor, professor or mentor.
9. Applicant must complete in full the attached application within the required
time frame in order for consideration.
Two scholarships of one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) each will be awarded.