Sherman Alexie’s Native American heritage features prominently in his work, including Smoke Signals, the 1998 film he wrote based on his short story “This Is What It Means to Say Phoenix, Arizona.” We asked Alexie what films by or about Native Americans he would recommend to our viewers. His list spans four decades and includes fictional films and documentaries; some are classics, others are under-the-radar indies. Here are trailers and clips from each film.
Found another great Facebook page. Thanks to my friend Claudia Foxtree for pointing it out.
Also on the web — Indigenous Peoples Issues & Resources is the leading source for news, information, articles, videos, and more on indigenous peoples from around the world. http://indigenouspeoplesissues.com/
AboutIndigenous Peoples Issues & Resources is the leading source for news, information, articles, videos, and more on indigenous peoples from around the world. http://indigenouspeoplesissues.com/Mission
Our mission is to fight for the rights of indigenous and tribal peoples. We accomplish this mission by:
* promoting full recognition of the rights and territories of indigenous and tribal peoples
* promoting the development of indigenous and tribal peoples and their participation in decision and policy making
* establishing effective networks between indigenous and tribal peoples at regional, state, and international levels
* exchanging information and experiences to empower members to advocate for the rights of indigenous and tribal peoples, enabling them to have a positive impact
* to provide articles, videos, resources, news, and information concerning indigenous and tribal peoples
* promoting worldwide solidarity between indigenous and tribal peoplesCompany Overview
The leading source of news, information, videos, articles, and more on indigenous peoples from around the world.
PO Box 1945
Winter Park, CO 80482